A mind map consists of different nodes, which are connected to the parent nodes. A name of a new mind map is automatically set as the name of the central node.
For more information on how to create a new mind map, please see Create a mind map.
Struсture your mind map by adding new nodes or editing the existing ones.
- Choose one of the following options to edit a node:
- In the Node group, click Edit Node.
- Right-click the mouse in the Mind Maps area and click Edit Node in the context menu.
- On the right side you can the side panel for editing:
- General information to the node
- In the Name box type a name for the work package.
In the Description box enter some important information, e.g. the targeted deliverables or internal remarks.
InLoox PM provides you with a range of formatting features. For the detailed description, see Create and change comments in the Customize comments section.
- Highlighting the node and defining its progress
- Click Progress to display a list of different degrees of completion and choose the suitable degree.
- Choose from the Flag list a color to mark the node in the mind map.
- Adding documents
- Click New link... to add the document.
In the Select Entry dialog box select one document from the list and click OK.
All displayed documents in the dialog box are saved on the Documents page. For more information on how to add the document to the project, see Create and edit a document.
- Adding resources
- Click New resource.
- In the Address Book dialog box select a contact and click OK.
- Now you see the added resource in the Resource area. Click it to open the contact details. You can also open the details from the node by clicking the Resource symbol on it.
Create a work package in the mind mape