In the project, in the Start tab, in the Section group, click Time Tracking to open the Time Tracking page. On this page, in the Edit tab, you find the following features:
Add a new time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click New.
For more information, see Create and edit a time tracking entry.
- Edit a time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click Edit to add further information to the selected item.
Remove a time tracking entry On the Edit tab, in the Edit group, click Delete to remove the selected entry from the time tracking list.
Use multiselection to edit several time tracking entries simultaneously. Click therefore on the first entry that you want to edit. Then, keep the CTRL key on your keyboard pressed and select the other entries that you want to edit. Then right-click to open the context menu and click the command that you want to execute.
- Copy and paste Create quickly time tracking entries by using the Copy and Paste feature in the Common group. These features can be found on the Edit tab in the Edit group.
Highlight a time tracking entry Select one entry from the list and click Flag in the Edit group, on the Edit tab. Choose one colour from the drop-down list.
Now you can see the selected flag next to the entry in the list.
Create a reminder On the Edit tab, in the Time Tracking group, click Create Reminder to create a reminder in your Outlook calendar.
For more information, see Create a reminder.
Print a time tracking view On the View tab, in the Common group, click Print to start the quick print feature of the time tracking list.
For more information about printing, see General features and printing of the project list, in the Print in the project list section.
- Expand or reduce the time tracking view Change the view by using the Expand All or Collapse All buttons in the Common group on the View tab to have a clearly structured time tracking view.
- Choose Fields This feature sorts and organizes the project by selected data. This feature can be found in the Common group, on the View tab.
- On the Choose Fields dialog box, click one field, e.g. Customer, and drag it into the column header.
- Reset the fields via Drag and Drop into the dialog box.
Create a report On the Reports tab, you can create a report.
In the Create group, click New Report. In the New Report dialog box, on the Report tab, choose a template from the Use this template drop-down list. Filter the data in the Time tracking tab and click Create.
For more information on how to issue a report and adjust the data, see Create a report.
In the Reports group select a saved report from the gallery view, e.g. Time tracking.
For more information on how to add a new budget template to InLoox PM, please see Manage report templates.
Information rules in the time tracking list
- A time tracking item can be marked with one of these flags
- A paper clip shows that one or more documents are linked to the time tracking item. Click on the Paper clip and then on the button to open a list of the linked documents.
- The total duration of all items is displayed above the time tracking list.
- The list is sorted by date in descending sequence and can be grouped and sorted just like an Outlook list.
Features in the context menu
The context menu provides you with almost all basic features that can also be found on the Time Tracking page, such as New, Edit, Delete, Copy and Paste or Create Reminder. It has also features such as Expand and Collapse All Groups or Choose Fields. Right-click in the time tracking list to open the context menu.
- CTRG+C Copy a time tracking entry into the clipboard.
- CTRG+V Paste a time tracking entry from the clipboard to the time tracking list.
If the lock icon is displayed in the list, you don't have read permissions. In this case, no time tracking entry will be displayed.